BMW HP Lap Timer Infrared Receiver
A lap timer can be connected to the HP instrument cluster for use on the racetrack.
(The BMW lap timer consists of an infrared receiver and an infrared
transmitter.* Both the infrared transmitter and the infrared receiver are
sold separately. This part number is for the Receiver only. Find the Transmitter
below under Recommended Items.)
You must have the HP Instrument Cluster to use this lap timer.
Lap timer Function:The HP instrument cluster offers the opportunity
to record data such as maximum, minimum and average speeds, lap times, engine
revs, etc., of up to 100 race laps. The individual race laps must be delimited
from each other for this purpose:
- Without a Lap timer the rider must manually acknowledge each lap start
by pressing the SET button.
- There is no manual acknowledgment when the Lap timer is used. The laps
are recorded automatically using an infrared receiver on the motorcycle and
an infrared transmitter positioned on the racetrack.
- Absolutely exact delimitation of the individual laps.
- Increased convenience and safety for the rider (no distractions).
- Infrared Receiver:
- Weatherproof housing.
- Connected to the free plug of the accessory wiring harness. The connection
is easily accessible - the infrared receiver can be easily removed at any
time for anti-theft protection purposes.
* Note: One infrared transmitter can be used by several
riders (each having a receiver).
It is recommended that only one infrared transmitter be used on the racetrack
at any one time as otherwise incorrect lap times may be recorded.
|** Our site does NOT reflect what we currently have in stock. Some items may be special ordered from the supplier.
Special orders take 3-7 business days, and backorders can take 5-20 business days for us to receive.|