If you are looking for an alternative to the BMW cylinder head protectors, check out these super-strong protection pieces from Verholen. They are made from a high-grade steel to offer super protection compared to the protection pieces offered on the new 1200 Adventure. These are simply to strongest cylinder protectors we have compared to going with a full crash bar. They also come with some neat "1200" decals.
The well know and wide spread original cylinder protectors made from plastic do their job only when your stationary motorcycle falls down or when you go down on soft ground or grass.
Then the expensive plastic protectors are scratched or broken and must be replaced.
When your motorcycle goes down while driving, the protectors made from plastic lose their function completely, failing because of the weight and force of the load or they give-way during the duress of a skid. In the end, the parts which the expensive plastic protectors are designed to protect are destroyed. Likewise, the wide-spread cylinder protectors made from round pipe have the following disadvantages.
1. The installation and de-installation is very expensive.
2. After the expensive de-installation, the depressions and sanded off places remain.
3. The motorcycles appearance becomes larges and cumbersome. Tube cylinder protectors strongly change the appearance.
4. The tube cylinder protectors are relatively heavy.
5. The aerodynamics are strongly and negatively affected.
6. The production of these are expensive.
7. For this kind of protection, new installation points need to be added.
8. They are suitable only for the appearance of the Enduro bikes.
A cylinder protector made from 2mm strong, high-grade steel which the fastening points are integrated into the fastening points of the cylinder head cover, designed with large diminsions and a heat-resistant silicon buffer.
1. A rub through is practically impossible.
2. They are fast to install and de-install.
3. Developing scratches or depressions in the high-grade steel sheet metal can be removed with sandpapier and/or with a hammer very easily and fast (without technical or optical depreciation).
4. The appearance of your motorcycle is virturally unaltered.
5. The total weight of the motorcycle is minimally affected.
6. The aerodynamics are not negatively affected.
The cylinder protectors are the steel part shown on the lower half of the cylinder (see photo). The yellow part is not included.
Made by MV Motorrad - Verholen.
Shipping on Verholen parts that are not in stock may take a month because they have to be imported from Germany.
Reviewed By: Sun-Tzu
I had bought this to protect my cylinder covers in case I dropped it in a parking lot. At first regretted the purchase because the instructions were in German. I was a little concerned about mounting them with just my translation. I was very happy that I bought them later while I was sliding across the pavement on my left side watching my very expensive BMW do a complete 360 degree turn balanced on the left cylinder and the left saddle bag. It left a deep grove in the pavement as it slowly skidded to stop 50 feet from me. Looking down at my untouched magnesium valve covers I was more than pleased with the purchase.
You can see photos of the lack of damage at:
|** Our site does NOT reflect what we currently have in stock. Some items may be special ordered from the supplier.
Special orders take 3-7 business days, and backorders can take 5-20 business days for us to receive.|