BMW S1000RR Lap Timer Infrared Transmitter
A lap timer can be connected to the HP instrument cluster for use on the racetrack. (The BMW lap timer consists of an infrared receiver and an infrared transmitter. The infrared transmitter and the infrared receiver are sold separately. This part number is for the Receiver only; find the Receiver below under Recommended Items.)
You must have the HP Instrument Cluster to use this lap timer
Lap timer Function:The HP instrument cluster offers the opportunity
to record data such as maximum, minimum and average speeds, lap times, engine
revs, etc., of up to 100 race laps. The individual race laps must be delimited
from each other for this purpose:
- Without a Lap timer the rider must manually acknowledge each lap start
by pressing the SET button.
- There is no manual acknowledgment when the Lap timer is used. The laps
are recorded automatically using an infrared receiver on the motorcycle and
an infrared transmitter positioned on the racetrack.
- Absolutely exact delimitation of the individual laps.
- Increased convenience and safety for the rider (no distractions).
- Infrared Transmitter:
- Weatherproof plastic housing.
- Connecting cable for power supply with plug
for a cigarette lighter.
- Range of infrared transmitter: Up to 65 feet.
FYI: One infrared transmitter can be used by several riders (each
having a infrared receiver).
It is recommended that only one infrared transmitter be used on the racetrack
at any one time as otherwise incorrect lap times may be recorded.
Note: The power supply for the infrared transmitter is not
included. There are several power-supply options:
- Connection to a (removed) motorcycle battery: the charger adapter lead
is also required in addition to the motorcycle battery for this purpose.
This lead can be clamped with its alligator clips to the battery terminals. (Add a Charger Adapter Lead from drop-down menu above.)
- 12V power pack from electronic retailers. Infrared-transmitter plug matching
the cigarette lighter (with adapter) or matching the motorcycle power socket
(without adapter). (Adapter included in the infrared-transmitter scope of
- Installation instructions and instructions for use on CD included.
|** Our site does NOT reflect what we currently have in stock. Some items may be special ordered from the supplier.
Special orders take 3-7 business days, and backorders can take 5-20 business days for us to receive.|