Ilium Works Brake Extension - BMW R1150RT, 2005-13 R1200RT, R1200RT-P
Image shows extension in use with Ilium Works Sportboards, however either product may be used separately - one is not required for use with the other.
Ilium Works' brake extension for your BMW R1150RT, 2005-13 R1200RT or R1200RT-P. CNC machined from 6061 aluminum and clear anodized, it increases the length (out to the side, not front-to-back) of your brake lever by more than 3/4". Riders with larger feet will especially appreciate the difference!
Easy installation. Stainless steel hardware is included but you'll need some tools to install the lever extension.*
This brake pedal extension Does Not Fit BMW R1100RT or 2014-later R1200RT.
For those bikes see Recommended Items
Also Available from Ilium Works: Shift lever pedal extension. see Recommended Items, below.
Made in the USA.
- * Parts Kit includes:
- 1 Ea. Brake Extension Nut.
- 1 Ea. ¼-20 X 2 ¾" Cap Bolt.
- 1 Ea. 3/16" Allen Wrench.
- * Tools Required:
- 1/2" wrench, 3/8" drill bit, drill motor, file and small piece of wood.
(plus the 3/16" Allen wrench supplied with parts kit).
- * Installation Instructions:
- Place motorcycle on center stand!
- Place the piece of wood between the brake lever and the side case of the motorcycle.
- Center the drill bit in the brake lever, and drill the rest of the way through the brake lever.
You should hit the piece of wood when the drill comes out the backside of the brake lever.
(Do not drill through the wood into the side case!)
- Use the file to remove the burr from the backside of the brake lever.
- Slide brake extension over the brake lever.
- Pull down on the brake lever and install the nut into the hole you just drilled.
- Use your 1/2" wrench to hold the nut, install and tighten the bolt with 3/16" Allen wrench.
|** Our site does NOT reflect what we currently have in stock. Some items may be special ordered from the supplier.
Special orders take 3-7 business days, and backorders can take 5-20 business days for us to receive.|