Cylinder Head Guards - Aluminum - 2005-09 BMW R1200GS/RT/R and HP2 Aluminum Metallic or Black - by Touratech
Serious cylinder head protection for your bike. These stainless steel and anodized aluminium cylinder head guards provide maximum coverage to prevent cracked valve covers and other damage to the motor in the event of a crash or dropped bike.
* Fitting with the BMW crash bars is not recommended.
- Use them with the Touratech R1200GS Crash Bars or Touratech R1200RT Crash
Bars for maximum protection.*
- These guards are easy to install and can be expected to provide significantly more protection than the "one time use" BMW plastic guards or the thin metal BMW protectors.
- Their open weave design provides for a much stronger cover at a lower weight and allows greater air flow over the cylinder head (especially compared to the closed design of the BMW metal covers).
- The guards have thick rubber cushions attached to the inside that bridge the space between the guards and the cylinder head to dampen any impact that might occur.
- These guards were designed for the R1200GS but will also fit other hexhead BMWs including the R1200RT, R1200R and R1200ST, so touring bikes can enjoy the same engine protection Touratech created for the globe travelling GS.
- These guards can be quickly removed from the bike for maintenance.
- Customer feedback relates that even after a 70mph slide along asphalt these guards still held up and protected the cylinder head allowing the bike to be righted and driven home without leaking oil from a cracked cover.
Available in silver or black.
|** Our site does NOT reflect what we currently have in stock. Some items may be special ordered from the supplier.
Special orders take 3-7 business days, and backorders can take 5-20 business days for us to receive.|