Gear Shift Assistant Pro - 2014-later BMW R1200RT, R1200GS, R1200GS Adventure - by BMW
The Gear Shift Assistant Pro , previously available only
as a factory option, was fitted to many 2014-later R1200RT's and 2014-later
R1200GS's built after August, 2013
(starting VIN: Z184816). If your (water-cooled) R1200RT, R1200GS
or R1200GS Adventure did not come with it, you can now retrofit this system.
(NOTE: DOES NOT fit 2013 water-cooled R1200GS.)
- Permits upshifts without using clutch or closing the
throttle and downshifts without using clutch or "blipping" the
IMPORTANT! also required:
This system must be installed and enabled by an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer.
is not available for purchase online - please see your authorized BMW Motorrad
A first in production motorcycles, Gear Shift Assistant Pro provides shifts that are both convenient and dynamic. While originally developed for competition, the Gear Shift Assistant Pro now features greater functionality to adapt it to touring use. In virtually all engine speed ranges and under almost any load, it allows upshifts and downshifts without any need for the rider to operate the clutch or change throttle position.
- 70-80% of all shifts based on riding condition can be executed without using
- Gear changes are still performed as normal by the foot lever. The Gear Shift
Assistant Pro only assists the actual gear change operation. The rider remains
responsible for actually shifting the gears. This is not an automatic or semi-automatic transmission.
- No assist for gearshifts is provided under the following conditions:
- Shifting with the clutch disengaged
- Upshifts with the throttle closed (coasting) or when decelerating
- The shift lever is not in its neutral position before starting a shift
- The system supports downshifts with an open throttle, but the shift quality is influenced by sudden or jerky throttle-on and throttle-off changes in lower gears
- Shifts performed without disengaging the clutch in low gears at high engine RPM’s may be accompanied by substantial torque reaction during power transitions. BMW Motorrad recommends that the clutch is used to perform shifts under these operating conditions. Riders should avoid using the Gear Shift Assistant Pro at engine RPM’s approaching the engine’s rev limit.
- To ensure safety, cruise control is automatically deactivated during gear changes with the Gear Shift Assistant Pro.
|** Our site does NOT reflect what we currently have in stock. Some items may be special ordered from the supplier.
Special orders take 3-7 business days, and backorders can take 5-20 business days for us to receive.|