Ultimate Protection: Set of Upper and Lower Crash Bars and Expedition Long Skid Plate - BMW R1200GS (W/C) - by Touratech
Guards are made of Stainless Steel and available in Silver (Electorpolished),
shown above or Black finishes, shown below. NOTE: The
cylinder head protectors shown in the photos are sold separately.
This set includes both upper and lower crash bars plus an Expedition
Long Skid Plate for your 2013-later BMW R1200GS (Water-cooled).
Upper Crash Bar Video:
A low-side on the pavement with your R1200GS can seriously jeopardize
your trip. The valve cover and cylinder hit the ground when the bike tips over,
so crash bars are critical protection. Touratech crash bars protect your engine
with a stainless steel cage structure that wraps around the valve cover and cylinder
of the your R1200GS.
Lower Crash Bar Video:
Expedition Long Skid Plate Video:
Touratech Crash Bars are made with 2mm wall thickness, 25mm (1 inch)
diameter stainless steel tubing, and are engineered to take a beating
and never let you down. The cage completely wraps around the valve covers
and cylinder head of the boxer engine, leaving no chance for it to contact
the ground. Touratech engineers take great care to keep the bars compact
and low profile, to preserve the maximum lean angle of the BMW R1200GS. While
other manufacturers promote bars that stick out far beyond the cylinder,
but that's a bad idea because it compromises the lean angle of the motorcycle
and makes it difficult to maneuver in tight situations. A crash bar built
right should be strong and compact.
Installation and service couldn't be easier with these crash
bars. All necessary hardware and instructions are included with the kit. They're
easy to remove when it's time for your valve adjustment, and they do
not need to be removed for oil changes.
The foundation of the Expedition Skid Plate is a 4mm Stainless
Steel reinforcement plate which is engineered to absorb and disperse impact
forces by linking together 6 solid mounting points on the aluminum skid plate
and 5 on the motor. The rear "tower" mount is made of stainless steel
and extends upwards, bracing the plate to the subframe of the motorcycle.
- Ultimate Protection Package includes long skid plate plus upper
and lower crash bars.
- Skid plate features heavy gauge 4mm aluminum construction with stainless
- Complete, full-length coverage.
- Skid Plate dimensions: 28 inches long x 11.5 inches at widest point.
- Mounting bolts are protected.
- Corrugated Channel shape skid plate for maximum strength and protection.
- Ultra-strong Stainless Steel sub mount absorbs impact force.
- Stainless Steel rear tower mount connects skid plate to subframe for maximum
- Low Profile skid plate design maximizes ground clearance.
- Removable Poly sliders on plate absorb impact, protect bolt heads and provide
a slide surface.
- Precision crafted at Touratech in Germany.
- Fits 2013-later BMW R1200GS Water Cooled Models Only.
- Bars made of strong 25mm diameter, 2mm wall-thickness stainless steel tubing.
- Stainless steel tube cage design protects by completely wrapping around
- Complete front cross-brace effectively transfers force.
- Design prevents excess force into frame or engine.
- Compact design maximizes maneuverability off-road and preserves lean angle
for the twisties.
- Easily removed for service.
- Upper Bars protect the expensive upper fairing and vulnerable radiator.
- Stainless steel bars will not rust.
- Available in electo-polished stainless steel (silver) or epoxy-coated (black)
- Accents the styling lines of the R1200GS.
- NOT compatible with BMW OEM auxiliary lights.
- All hardware included for easy installation.
You can find more protection from Touratech for your
BMW R1200GS below under Recommended
|** Our site does NOT reflect what we currently have in stock. Some items may be special ordered from the supplier.
Special orders take 3-7 business days, and backorders can take 5-20 business days for us to receive.|