Crash Bars - Set of Upper and Lower Bars - BMW R1200GS (W/C) - by Touratech
Guards are made of Stainless Steel and available in Silver (Electorpolished),
shown above or Black finishes, shown below. NOTE: The
cylinder head protectors shown in the photos are sold separately.
This set includes both the upper and lower crash bars for your 2013-later
BMW R1200GS (Water-cooled).
Upper Crash Bar Video:
A low-side on the pavement with your R1200GS can seriously jeopardize
your trip. The valve cover and cylinder hit the ground when the bike tips over,
so crash bars are critical protection. Touratech crash bars protect your engine
with a stainless steel cage structure that wraps around the valve cover and cylinder
of the your R1200GS.
Lower Crash Bar Video:
Touratech Crash Bars are made with 2mm wall thickness, 25mm (1 inch)
diameter stainless steel tubing, and are engineered to take a beating
and never let you down. The cage completely wraps around the valve covers
and cylinder head of the boxer engine, leaving no chance for it to contact
the ground. Touratech engineers take great care to keep the bars compact
and low profile, to preserve the maximum lean angle of the BMW R1200GS. While
other manufacturers promote bars that stick out far beyond the cylinder,
but that's a bad idea because it compromises the lean angle of the motorcycle
and makes it difficult to maneuver in tight situations. A crash bar built
right should be strong and compact.
Touratech crash bars are designed to take the force of an impact,
and transfer it around the frame and engine of your GS by using a sturdy cross
brace system, and specially engineered connections. The team at Touratech has
invested many hours of testing and design analysis to make sure these bars
will prevent damage to your R1200GS. In addition to offering the ultimate in
protection, the stainless steel tubing follows the natural lines of the GS
accenting the distinctive look of this stylish boxer.
Installation and service couldn't be easier with these crash
bars. All necessary hardware and instructions are included with the kit. They're
easy to remove when it's time for your valve adjustment, and they do
not need to be removed for oil changes.
- Complete kit with upper and lower crash bars included.
- Made of strong 25mm diameter, 2mm wall-thickness stainless steel tubing.
- Available in electo-polished stainless steel (silver) or epoxy-coated (black)
- Upper bars protect the expensive upper fairing and vulnerable radiator.
- All hardware included for easy installation.
- Accents the styling lines of the R1200GS.
- Lower bars' stainless steel tube cage design protects by completely wrapping
around the cylinder.
- Complete front cross-brace effectively transfers force.
- NOT compatible with BMW OEM auxiliary lights.
- Design prevents excess force into frame or engine
- Compact design maximizes maneuverability off-road and preserves lean angle
for the twisties.
- Easily removed for service.
- Compatible with Touratech cylinder head guards.
- Fits 2013-later BMW R1200GS Water Cooled models.
- Made in Germany by Touratech
Lower crash bar with included hardware:
You can find more protection from Touratech for your
BMW R1200GS below under Recommended
|** Our site does NOT reflect what we currently have in stock. Some items may be special ordered from the supplier.
Special orders take 3-7 business days, and backorders can take 5-20 business days for us to receive.|