Clear Polycarbonate Headlight Guard - 2013-later Water-Cooled BMW R1200GS, 2014-later R1200GS Adventure - by AltRider
Black version installed on an R1200GS:
On night rides, lights out means the adventure is over. Protect
your the headlight on your water-cooled BMW R1200GS or Adventure* from rocks and
debris with an AltRider Headlight Guard and you'll never
worry about a cracked headlight. Save yourself hassle and frustration – and the purchase
of a very expensive headlight assembly – with an AltRider headlight guard.
Bullet-proof Clear Polycarbonate plastic shields your vulnerable headlight,
and its scratch-resistant face will keep your path clearly lit. The lens is
held by sturdy stainless steel arms, which attach securely to the motorcycle
frame using OEM hardware and are locked into position by the blinker stalks.
For a more "off-road" appearance, you can swap
out the Clear Polycarbonate for an AltRider Stainless Steel Mesh screen (sold separately, find it below under Related
Items) - both
guards are interchangeable.
When it's time to clean up, taking off the face is a cinch.
The lens attaches to the stainless steel frame with a custom machined aluminum ball and rubber socket connection that provides a sturdy connection free of any vibration. These innovative fasteners make removal of the guard for cleaning a cinch – no tools required
best cleaning method is to soak the guard in warm water. Cleaning chemicals
will degrade polycarbonate.)
- AltRider motorcycle accessories are 100% designed and manufactured
in the USA.
- Available with a Silver or Black frame, choose from the menu above.
- Custom machined ball and socket connection allow removal of face without any tools.
- Polycarbonate headlight guard interchangeable with all other versions of the AltRider headlight guard.
- Stainless steel frame provides strong foundation and is highly resistant to rust and weathering.
- Guard is compatible with both halogen and LED headlight.
- Polycarbonate lens is resistant to impacts and is specially treated to harden the surface to resist scratches.
- IMPORTANT NOTES: Do not wash Clear Polycarbonate guard with any chemicals based cleaners (ex. alcohol, Windex, etc). Wash only with luke warm water and soap. Clear Polycarbonate is very strong but can break down over time when exposed to harsh chemicals.
* Installation on 2014-later R1200GS Adventure requires removal of front "beak".
|** Our site does NOT reflect what we currently have in stock. Some items may be special ordered from the supplier.
Special orders take 3-7 business days, and backorders can take 5-20 business days for us to receive.|