Automatic Drive Chain Lubrication System - BMW F800R, F800GS, F700GS, F650GS Twin
This automatic chain-lubrication system for continuous lubrication
of the drive chain has been configured in co-operation with the Scottoiler
company especially for your F800GS, F700GS, F650GS Twin or F800R. (System should
be installed only by an authorized BMW Motorrad workshop.)
The Scottoiler company has been offering automatic chain-lubrication systems
for more than 30 years. Improvement has been continuous throughout this period
and the company is now the acknowledged market leader in this sector. Among
motorcyclists, the name "Scottoiler" is established as synonymous
with automatic chain lubrication systems.
- How it works:
- Automatic chain lubrication is controlled by vacuum produced when the engine
is running. The vacuum lifts the diaphragm, which opens a valve enabling
oil to flow under the force of gravity through a delivery hose and drip on
to the chain over the rear sprocket.
- Both sides of the chain are lubricated: centrifugal force
causes the oil to spread over the sprocket to the inside links of the chain.
Some of the oil is distributed over the O-rings, the rest makes its way into
the rollers and the capillary effect spreads it to the other side of the
- The flow rate (drip rate) can be adjusted at the valve. The maximum flow
rate is limited.
- The constant lubrication significantly reduces friction in the
chain drive, helping to minimize wear and power loss.
- With the delivery the rate correctly adjusted, one fill of the oil reservoir
(50 ml) is sufficient for riding a distance of approximately 1,500 miles
- No separate switching on and off needed: the system operates automatically
only when the engine is running.
- The design of the system ensures no effect on the engine's operating characteristics.
- Maintains the capability of the chain, keeps it clean, quiet and smooth-running.
- No need for manual lubrication or cleaning of the chain and the tension
does not have to be adjusted as often because its wearing less.
- The chain and the sprockets last much longer. The savings
on the first replacement chain-set help off-set the cost of the system.
- Kit Contains:
- Oil reservoir with valve
- Nozzle (drips the oil on to the chain and the sprocket).
- Hose for vacuum and oil feed.
- Mounting hardware.
- Operating instructions.
NOTE: The oil is not included in the kit and
must be purchased separately. One 250 ml bottle is sufficient for 7,500 miles
of riding. Find oil below under Recommended Items.
|** Our site does NOT reflect what we currently have in stock. Some items may be special ordered from the supplier.
Special orders take 3-7 business days, and backorders can take 5-20 business days for us to receive.|